Visual Studio 2013 failed to load solution file.
Branch: Binary build via Unreal Launcher.
Build Version: 4.4.2, and 4.4.3.
Detailed description of the issue: Ever since I updated to version 4.4.2 (and even 4.4.3), I have been unable to load a visual studio solution that was generated by UE4.
Screenshots: Here's a screenshot of what Visual Studio looks like when it fails to load it. http://puu.sh/bE8fU/f001f403f9.png And here's the error message that is provided: http://pastebin.com/ytEYH7Pv
Repro Steps: 1. Open up the Unreal Launcher 2. Open up UE4. 3. Start or load a project. (Note steps 1-3 is optional if you already have a solution file generated). 4. Open up the visual studio 2013 solution in whichever way you want. On my machine, it fails to load.
This did not occur in 4.4.1, and does not occur in 4.4.1 as my other machine still has it installed and it works great. And yes, this machine also worked great in 4.4.1. If there's a way to reverse a couple updates to 4.4.1 via the launcher, I'm all for it.
It appears I wrote this post a little to quickly as I realize I skipped out on a few details. I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate, and here's a screenshot of what precisely comes up when I create a code project in 4.4.2 / 4.4.3 http://puu.sh/bErMG/2cb40c4589.png Following that is the image shown above (if you click OK) http://puu.sh/bE8fU/f001f403f9.png
I'll do some testing in version 4.3.1 and I'll get back to you. (Though I'm not entirely sure how to install a previous version, so it may take some time). I also didn't expect such a quick response, so for that, thank you.
I'm not sure if it'll help with debugging, but I initially installed 4.4.1 on this machine and then I updated to 4.4.2, which is where the issues began. I waited for another update but the issues persisted with 4.4.3 so that's what prompted this bug report.
EDIT: Installing 4.3.1 now.
EDIT: That's...odd. It's giving me the exact same results with 4.3.1 as I do with 4.4.2 / 4.3.3. I guess it's time to do some reinstalling unless someone has an idea that might fix the problem.
EDIT: I reinstalled everything (VS2013 Ultimate first, then UE4 version 4.4.3) and it seems to be working fine now. Though I still have no idea why updating UE4 to 4.4.2 caused these problems in the first place.
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here