DefaultGameUserSettings.ini not functional anymore?
I brought my game project (BP only) over from 4.4.3 to 4.5.1 and now when I package it (haven't changed anything), all things that I setup in the DefaultGameUserSettings.ini aren't recognized anymore, again worked just fine with the previous version. Any ideas folks?
Content of the .ini file:
asked Oct 27 '14 at 08:35 PM in Using UE4
I figured out the problem painfully.
My unreal version: 4.8.3
Yesteday I tried Saved -> Config -> WindowsNoEditor -> GameUserSettings.ini and DefaultGameUserSettings.ini both but neither worked for me.
Finally today I found that, in DefaultGameUserSettings.ini:
The above ini failed. But if you add Version=5
It works. I really don't know what is the meaning of this Version=5 thing
answered Sep 17 '15 at 09:48 AM
I found a procedure that works:
Having the same issue. Before I could use DefaultGameUserSettings.ini or just change GameUserSettings in the WindowsNoEditor build folder to set start resolution and fullscreen on launch. No longer working.
answered Oct 31 '14 at 01:04 PM
In the project folder, go to the Saved -> Config -> Windows folder and open the GameUserSettings.ini file. Copy the contents of the file and replace the contents of the Saved -> Config -> WindowsNoEditor -> GameUserSettings.ini file of the packaged game. Make any changes to this file and save it before launching the packaged game again.
answered Oct 31 '14 at 05:27 PM
Another option would be to make a shortcut to the executable and add command line arguments
It would be great to have the default resolution settings for the packaged game available in the Project settings in the editor.
I was surprised that the Editor settings for "Play in Standalone Game" didn't carry over to the packaged game, but even the "play in stand alone game" section doesn't have a fullscreen option. I had to add "-fullscreen" in Additional launch parameters to get the game to be fullscreen there.
It would be great to have a fullscreen option in the play in standalone game section in the editor.
answered May 03 '15 at 02:59 PM
Hi, after trial and error I found that DefaultGameUserSettings.ini does indeed still work but no longer in the saved folder. Instead you need to put it in:
This is what worked for me. I realise this question is quite old now, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who are still having this problem.
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here