Perforce - something totaly wrong
1) I have my usual workspace and file which mentioned as latest 20 revision.
2) I have new workspace and latest file revision mentioned as 14. I have just created that workspace and geted latest revision.
3) I can clearly see my 981 commit in second workspace where mentioned that file revision was changed to 18 (after in another revision to 19 and 20). But if I try to get this revision in second workspace it told me that there is no such revision.
4) I have another sympot: some files which was in depot sometimes mentioned as not in depot.
5) Sometimes files which were deleted from depot appearing again.
I don't undestand where to begin to dig that problem.
You have come across the redirector system. When you rename "test" to "Test2", a new asset called a redirector is left at the old location with the same name. You can see this asset in UE4 by enabling the "Show Redirectors" filter in the content browser (in "Other" section of the filters menu).
If you want to remove the old "test" folder and its contents, you will need to right click and "Fixup redirectors in folder". This should update references to your redirector to point at the newly copied asset. You can then commit these changes to source control.
If you move assets around outside of UE4, as with bug #2, the editor will not be able to keep track of references to that asset so errors can easily occur.
answered Jan 22 '15 at 08:20 AM
Tom Sarkanen STAFF
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here