Overlapping UVs Error, Every Asset!?
Currently working in UE 4.0.1. Been using UE3 / UDK for 4 years and am quite particular about lightmaps. But this one stumps me!
Currently the issues are present in every asset. Tried to correct the issue using the following methods:
I have tried importing the FBX with various UVs, either made my self from UV1, reunwrapped, flatten mapped, collapsed with various settings.
Someone must have encountered this, does anyone have any solution! The best solution I have found is to make it a movable object!
1) Export the FBX from 3D application with both sets of UVs (Texture and Lightmap)
2) Using the Import option, select 'Skeletal Mesh'
3) This import should flag warnings because there was no bone hierarchy found. Dismiss this.
4) Using the Import option, select 'Static Mesh' on the same FBX
5) You should find now that there is no overlapping UVs and lightmaps bake correctly!
Hope this helps, let me know!
answered Mar 26 '14 at 11:20 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here