x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

[Closed] UMG Buttons Unresponsive on iPad

Using 4.6.1 I have created a UMG blueprint that includes buttons for interface elements. When I first created the blueprint the buttons worked fine. After successive edits however, the buttons are no longer tappable on the iPad. A list of the things I've done / changes I've made:

  1. I added a new button to the interface. The buttons all use custom images for each of the 4 states of the button.

  2. I added an Event Tick to the graph for the interface so that it can respond to hiding and showing interface elements based on the game state.

  3. I changed the anchor offsets and positions of the elements to account for there being a new button.

This problem is insidious because creating a new blueprint and redoing all of my work seems to resolve the problem until the next edit needs to be made at which point it's a crap-shoot as to whether or not the buttons will break.

Since this problem originally exhibited (the day before we were @ epic) I have recreated the interactive layer of the UI twice to overcome this problem. I'd like to find a final resolution so please let me know what we need to provide or how we need to describe the problem to get it resolved.

We need a working UI for GDC so time is kind of a priority.

Thanks.

Product Version: Not Selected
Tags:
more ▼

asked Feb 23 '15 at 07:24 PM in Bug Reports

avatar image

Thomas Ingham
321 16 23 34

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

The question has been closed Feb 23 '15 at 09:13 PM by Thomas Ingham for the following reason:

Problem is not reproducible or outdated


1 answer: sort voted first

I need a project I can run that reproduces the problem :)

more ▼

answered Feb 23 '15 at 07:50 PM

avatar image

Nick Darnell ♦♦ STAFF
6k 77 37 151

avatar image Thomas Ingham Feb 23 '15 at 09:12 PM

I just spent an hour building a test project to show you what's happening.

As embarrassing as it might be I'm gonna have to eat the crow on this one. I checked some of your other posts regarding UMG implementation and in one you expressly state that it's smart to set a local member to the value of the returned widget to ensure that you aren't creating copies. You don't specify why it's a good idea (other than general practice) but it appears that one of the side-effects is that UMG widgets placed over top of each other that interpret touch / mouse events interfere with each other and break the build.

After putting this in place in the location where the interaction layer is built and added to the viewport; the problem appears to have abated.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time, tell Chance/Mike I said thanks.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question