4.7 Android Shipping crash on launch
As reported in the forum thread by me and other person, the shipping build app still crashes on startup on the just released 4.7 Version:
The development build runs but shipping build crashes on startup on my Galaxy S4.
In my case its a project converted from 4.51 which is already released in the play store:
I attached the logcat for the crash.
The crash appears even I make an empty new level and set this as a startup level.
Okey I found the issue and fixed my game!
the OP should check but I'm almost sure is the same problem.
I have seen in the log this: 03-07 13:50:53.095 6484 6501 W System.err: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com/epicgames/ue4/MediaPlayer14" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.mukagames.savetheprincess-1.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.mukagames.savetheprincess-1, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]
so it is likely MediaPlayer14 has been stripped out.
So, to fix it:
open your proguard-project.txt file (it is located in PROJECT_PATH/Build/Android) add this lines:
Rebuild the project and it should work.
I had the exact same problem (as do alot of people when converting their project from 4.6 to 4.7) and I managed to find a fix and get it working late last night :D
To Fix (do a backup of your project first just in case ;) ):
Then it works again in shipping mode and distribution mode! :)
The problems I'm still having with 4.7:
answered Feb 26 '15 at 08:34 AM
Deleting the folders, build, binaries, intermediate, and saved didn't work for me, however, I did finally manage to get the shipping build to run. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a frustrating process.
1) I moved my project file out of the unreal projects folder.
2) I created a new project with the same name as my old one.
3) I then copied all of my content to the new project.
4) I had to then manually re-setup the project settings.
5) to get my c++ code to the new project, I had to first make sure the project generated the visual studio files, then I copied all my source code to the new project source directory. Once the source code was copied, I was able to go into visual studio and use the "add existing" option to add the code to the directory. From there it properly loaded the code into the project. Make sure to re-set up the google play services if you're using them.
I know it's not technically a fix for the bug and more of a bypass, but it sure is nice knowing it works now. I hope that helps.
answered Mar 06 '15 at 05:47 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here