x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Office Holiday

Epic Games' offices will be on holiday from June 22nd to July 7th. During this period support will be limited. Our offices will reopen on Monday, July 8th. 

Android app crashes on startup: "ICU data directory was not discovered"

I am having trouble running a game on Android devices, with UE 4.7.2. I have tried on both Nexus 7 and One Plus One. I get the following error:

 03-09 12:11:42.564: D/UE4(5318): ==============> GameActive.onCreate complete!
 03-09 12:11:42.567: D/UE4(5318): Assertion failed: HasFoundDataDirectory [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Internationalization\ICUInternationalization.cpp] [Line: 118] 
 03-09 12:11:42.567: D/UE4(5318): ICU data directory was not discovered:
 03-09 12:11:42.567: D/UE4(5318): ../../../DontDropJim/Content/Internationalization
 03-09 12:11:42.567: D/UE4(5318): ../../../Engine/Content/Internationalization
 03-09 12:11:42.567: A/libc(5318): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x0 in tid 5341 (Thread-577)

This is a Blueprint-based project, so I haven't used Visual Studio or any coding at all for this app. I am deploying from a Win8.1 machine.

I tried using the "Launch" button as well as the "Package" option, with both ATC and ETC1.

EDIT: I should note that the TappyChicken game provided works. But I still do not know what causes the crash in the other project.

Product Version: Not Selected
Tags:
more ▼

asked Mar 09 '15 at 11:34 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Avrdan
21 4 5 9

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

I figured it out. I simply had a different name in the "Android Package Name" field. I had a suffix at the end of the name which I had to remove, to make it identical to the UE4 Project's name.

more ▼

answered Mar 09 '15 at 01:34 PM

avatar image

Avrdan
21 4 5 9

avatar image mblogest Feb 21 '17 at 04:29 PM

can say what you type exactly???i have 2 week this problem

avatar image TriNityGER Mar 09 '17 at 04:17 PM

I fixed this error by making sure that my Overall Project name is the same as the android project name. So these are my working Settings:

Project Name: Test Project Android Package Name: com.company.[PROJECT] Application Display Name: Test Project

Using these settings I am able to create a working Android build!

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question