Google Play services removes the leading zeros for .obb file
I am getting an error message when my project is uploaded and published in alpha for google play (.apk + .obb). The file downloaded matches the .apk and .obb size, but when downloaded through google play it refuses to play, while the same .apk and .obb, when deployed to the phone via the batch file, work perfectly.
The exact error message I am getting is "Failed to open descriptor file '../../../ProjectName/ProjectName.uproject'".
What am I missing? Using version 4.7.1 .
Hello! when publishing on Android I have same error "Failed to open descriptor.."
While waiting for the fixed UE4.7.4 or 4.8 what can I do now? Google play developer site never mentions anything about .obb. Or am I wrong? I must be missing something.
Thank you in advance.
answered Mar 30 '15 at 10:27 PM
I think I found the issue (still waiting for google play to publish to confirm). In the engine's AndroidLaunch.cpp file (in the initialize function), it assumes that the obb file's name has 5 digits with leading zeros. Google Play services, when you upload the .obb, removes the leading zeros causing the discrepancy. I believe a temporary workaround would be to use a 5 digit (non leading zero) version number and was going to file a bug report after I have confirmed this. The apk is yet to be published so I cannot confirm anything but please pass along this info may it help.
answered Mar 17 '15 at 05:06 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here