Sometimes AI does not move, AIMoveTo ends with "Aborted".
I have a strange problem and I believe it has to be a bug but I am not completely sure so I don't put it in the Bug Reports section.
The yellow guy on the bottom of the image is trying to move to the building on top of the image. I am using the AI MoveTo Node in a custom Task in my Behaviour Tree.
If I place another one of the building then one of the green guys turn into a yellow guy and also starts moving to his own building, and the strange thing is, mostly it works. So it's depending on the location of the building or on the location of the AI, but as you see in the screenshot the yellow guy clearly has no obstacle between him and the building. I would say in 70% of the cases it does work and the other 30% not. So if I would place more buildings then out of the 6 guys standing around 4 would correctly move while 2 would just standing around and do nothing (and failing with "Aborted".
The AI MoveTo is very simply set up, I just get the actor location of the building and move to it with an acceptance radius of 150.
Since I use the AI MoveTo Node I can actually print what was the problem after a Fail, and it seems it's just always aborting. I can't find any information about what exactly the different Fail states of the AI MoveTo nodes mean, could anyone help me with this?
asked Mar 19 '15 at 05:49 PM in Bug Reports
Thank you John, that's very nice :) Please do let me know, Mieszko and I are still interested in getting to the bottom of this. Glad to hear there is a work-around for now. I hope you don't mind if I mark this and the other report as answered for now. Feel free to reopen them or start a new thread when you are available.
answered Jun 01 '15 at 06:08 PM
I ran into this problem; I fixed it for me by just checking when it's failed; If it was "Aborted" to just fire the movement again and again until it's successful.
answered Oct 24 '15 at 12:46 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here