x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Antialiasing on mobile devices

Hi, currently I try to run projects on an IPad Air 2, but I wonder how I can improve the quality of the project referring to the antialiasing on the device. I have a testmap that looks like this (on PC): alt text Not perfect, but good enought for the moment. If I run the same project on the IPad it suddenly looks like this: alt text Definitly NOT what I want to have. To have something to compare I downloaded the "suntemple" example from UE. If I run it on the IPad it looks like this: alt text It is not perfect, too, but it is a quality I#d be happy to have. My first thought where to compare the project settings, but I could not figure out something that would explain such a difference. The Scalability Settings are also on "epic". I also ran a sample project to be sure it is no problem with my map, but even the starter content did not look well displayed on the IPad (still referred to AA). So I thought it might be something in the Settings of my PostProcessVolume Settings, but even if i DELETED the PostProcessVolumes of the suntemple example the AA still worked better than in my own project. After that i tried to "merge" the configuration files (DefaultEngine.ini/DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini) from the suntemple into my own project's files, but it still did not improve the result (might be i just missed an important line, but I guess that is not the reason...). Do you guys have any idea what else I could try? Thanks iin advance :)

Product Version: Not Selected
Tags:
aa_rechner.png (318.6 kB)
aa_own.png (526.9 kB)
img_0029.png (1.8 MB)
more ▼

asked Apr 28 '15 at 02:04 PM in Rendering

avatar image

TGE
20 7 10 10

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

1 answer: sort voted first

Go to \Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Config and add +CVars=r.PostProcessAAQuality=4 or =6 to [iPadAir2 DeviceProfile] your device profile.

 [iPadAir2 DeviceProfile]
 DeviceType=IOS
 BaseProfileName=IOS
 +CVars=r.BloomQuality=1
 +CVars=r.DepthOfFieldQuality=1
 +CVars=r.LightShaftQuality=1
 +CVars=r.PostProcessAAQuality=4

more ▼

answered Oct 02 '15 at 01:37 PM

avatar image

wmask
81 3 8 11

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question