x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

[BUG 4.8p2] Localization Dashboard doesn't work

Hi,

in p2 I used Localization Dashboard, and I have two problems with it.

Problem 1:

irst thingy is wrong path for commandlet. When I tried launch gather, compile or just count words. It showed this: wrong paths

Solution:

hat can be resolved with symbolic links, but it's little annoying for beginners, they will in future just repeatly ask how to solve that.

Problem 2:

econd problem is with generating INIs. When I fixed the first problem there was problem with running commandlet itself. Here is a screen of error: Error in Dashboard

Solution:

resolve that with editing INI files and setted right ExcludePaths (generating first key without ./ or */), but now i have to run commandlets manually, because Localization dashboard generates new config when I click on Gather or Compile. So, whole feature is used for first generating INIs and nothing more.

Funny thing:

n p1 it was working, but you have to set ExcludePaths on "./Content/Localitazion/*".

I hope it will be all fixed in future. Have a nice day :)

Product Version: UE 4.8 Preview
Tags:
ue4_bug.png (199.7 kB)
ue4_bug.png (53.8 kB)
more ▼

asked May 19 '15 at 10:02 AM in Bug Reports

avatar image

TawreCZE
29 3 6 11

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

3 answers: sort voted first

Problem 1:

Reproduced, investigated, and fixed. CL# 2559168 resolves the issues. A project file path with a space in causes issues because it wasn't wrapped in quotation marks - this changelist makes the project file path get passed after being wrapped in quotation marks.

Problem 2:

I think the source of this problem was the same, even though you circumvented it with a symbolic link, initially. It says it tried to load a file named as such:

 ../../../../../../UnrealProjects/Languages/Config/Localization/Game_Compile.ini" -installedengine

Note how the file name has a quotation mark in it and includes the flag -installedengine. It looks to me like something went wrong with parsing the commandline arguments. Probably because of the space in the project file path. This problem should be resolved too, using that same changelist from problem 1, I suspect.

more ▼

answered May 20 '15 at 06:08 PM

avatar image

[Phosphor]Sheevok STAFF
231 5 6 16

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

Thank you so much for testing this new feature in the preview build! We'll be trying hard to get the fixes in for the initial release, but failing that the first hot fix.

more ▼

answered May 20 '15 at 01:55 PM

avatar image

Sarge STAFF
627 14 5 36

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

Hi

I encountered the same problems as you in 4.8 preview 3. My bypass methods are more beginner friendly.

  1. I think the problem is space in project directory path. I just moved project to another directory without space.

    C:\Users\abc\Documents\Unreal Projects\Test to ^(problem) C:\Users\abc\Documents\UnrealProjects\Test

2. Not sure is it correct way, but I unchecked all Target Dependencies. alt text

or you can just delete default target and create new one, also if you don't have any code in project, only blueprints uncheck 'Gather from Text Files' this also makes errors.

UE also crashes when culture isn't selected.

After this Localization Dashboard seems to work fine.

I also look forward to see it working without any problems.

problem2.png (10.1 kB)
more ▼

answered May 20 '15 at 01:47 PM

avatar image

Krzysiu
66 3 5 7

avatar image [Phosphor]Sheevok STAFF May 20 '15 at 06:18 PM

You were correct in thinking it was the space that was the problem.

Unchecking all Target Dependencies is problematic. Target Dependencies is what tells the localization gathering processes not to gather text that's already in those targets. If you localize everything that gets gathered for your game with no target dependencies specified, you'll very likely end up localizing a bunch of stuff in your project that's copied over from the engine or editor. You'll spend unnecessary money and time on translations that your game doesn't need, because we've already done them. I'll investigate that this isn't related to another path with a space being passed without quotation marks around it - it's possible.

Indeed, you shouldn't check Gather from Text Files if you have no source code. Alternatively, modifying the settings so that they don't attempt to gather from the Source directory, which wouldn't exist in a blueprint only project. I'll make a note about warning the user, in this UI, if a specified directory doesn't exist to gather from.

I've discovered the crash when no native culture is selected too. I'll be fixing that momentarily and providing a changelist.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question