Bug changing screenpercentage with certain mirror modes with Oculus 0.6.0
Changing the screen-percentage while in VR will alternately send the DK2's screen into standby when using certain mirror modes.
This seems to effect VR preview, Standalone and packaged games. And is reproducable on 4.8 binary release as well as Oculus's 4.7-06 fork.
1) Start VR preview. Disable mirroring using console command 'hmd mirror off'. Mirroring will turn off as expected.
2) Change screen percentage. i.e 'hmd sp 101'. DK2 screen will go black and power light will turn orange.
3) blindly change the screen percentage again ie 'hmd sp 100'. DK2 screen will be enabled again.
1) Start VR preview. Change mirroring to one of the new mirror modes using console command 'hmd mirror mode 1'. or 'hmd mirror mode 2'.
2) Change screen percentage. i.e 'hmd sp 101'. DK2 screen will go black and power light will turn orange. Mirroring will continue to work along with head tracking.
3) change the screen percentage again ie 'hmd sp 100'. DK2 screen will be enabled again.
You can keep changing the screen percentage as many times as you like to what ever you like to see the HMD screen alternating between on and off.
The only case where normal behaivior is seen is if you have the standard mirroring enabled(both eyes with distortion).
This is also the case with the rift set to extended mode except the light obviosly does'nt turn orange.
asked Jun 23 '15 at 12:03 PM in Bug Reports
After doing a bit more testing we found that this issue is happening on the AMD 200 series graphics card. I have written up a report ( UE-17597) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.
Make it a great day
answered Jun 24 '15 at 05:27 PM
Rudy Q ♦♦ STAFF
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here