x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Weird Bug: Event Tick not running on IOS but works on PC

I found a weird bug recently while toying with my evolve system as this bug only happens in IOS but not Windows/Editor. Is it something I am doing wrongly or is it a bug?

Below are the steps to reproduce this issue:

  1. Create a blueprint class (actor), name it BP_ParentTest

  2. Give BP_Parent test a variable named EvolveType of type Class BP_ParentTest (Purple color)

  3. Add a print node that prints "Hello" to BP_ParentTest EventTick

  4. Create a child of BP_ParentTest and named it BP_ChildTest

  5. Go back to BP_ParentTest and set the value of EvolveType to BP_ChildTest

  6. Add input logic (press 1) and spawn BP_ChildTest on the level

  7. BP_ChildTest EventTick will never run (This only happens on IOS, works fine on Editor and PC)

Product Version: UE 4.8
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jul 15 '15 at 03:36 AM in Bug Reports

avatar image

SmileyJeff
131 11 20 30

avatar image Serellyn Jul 15 '15 at 12:09 PM

I assume it's a bug but I'm curious for some more information on this. Have you checked this behavior on an empty project? I'm currently not able to check this out myself...

And are you able to check if this happens on Android as well?

avatar image Samantha Sutton ♦♦ STAFF Jul 15 '15 at 07:38 PM

Hey SmileyJeff,

I set up the first person template exactly as you described. When I launched the project on my iOS device, it opened up without any trouble and the print string began to spam me, due to being attached to the tick. Could you please tell me what type of template you've been using or perhaps provide the template to us directly to test?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks!

avatar image SmileyJeff Jul 16 '15 at 08:08 PM

@Samantha Sutton ♦♦ STAFF

Thanks for looking into this.

Good news: after updating to 4.8.2 I can't reproduce the steps that I mentioned.

Bad news: My original blueprint still does it and I have no idea why. It is a huge blueprint actor class for my base character and have many child derived from it. I don't know if its related to "LogScript:Warning: FLatentActionManager::ProcessLatentActions: CallbackTarget is None." which pops up every now and then randomly as I can't find the source of the warning. Either that or my blueprint is corrupted.

If I do find a way to reproduce it or find the source of it, I will post here again or create a new post about it if this is closed.

Edit: I would love to provide the template I am working on along with its child blueprints. Where should I send it to?

avatar image Samantha Sutton ♦♦ STAFF Jul 16 '15 at 08:59 PM

Hey SmileyJeff,

If you don't want the public to gain access to your project, you can simply zip the full project and upload it to a site such as Google Drive where it'll be private and then simply provide the link to me through the forums. You should be able to easily find me by typing in 'Samantha Sutton'.

If you do not mind anyone else obtaining your project, simply enter the link as your next reply and I'll look into the issue further for you.

As a side-note, please keep in mind that when upgrading projects between different versions of the engine, issues may occur within the blueprint or your project entirely due to many changes that happen with each update.

Thanks for your time! :)

avatar image SmileyJeff Jul 16 '15 at 09:53 PM

I have sent you a private message with the project link. Because this is a commercial project I could not make it public. I will be sure to post back here once I get an update.

avatar image SmileyJeff Jul 16 '15 at 08:10 PM

@Serellyn I have, as of 4.8.2 it seems to be working fine, don't even know what changed as the patch notes didn't mention anything major. This bug is just weird, feels like my main character blueprint is corrupted somehow.

P.S. I wasn't able to test this on android as I don't own one.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

1 answer: sort voted first

Hey SmileyJeff,

Thank you for providing such detailed information, I was able to locate what you were talking about once you showed me. They had a minor difference in name and I did not realize that would be the same one.

With that being said, I have submitted a Jira report, it could take a while before I hear back from our developers on whether or not this is intention or a bug but I will update you as soon as I hear back.

If you'd like to check up on this Jira report in the future, please reference: UE-18866.

Thank you and have a nice day!

more ▼

answered Jul 20 '15 at 04:55 PM

avatar image SmileyJeff Jul 21 '15 at 03:20 AM

Awesome! Thanks for looking into the issue.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question