How can I fix what appears to be a corrupt file?
UPDATE: ok so the old version plus me grafting on new Blueprints got me close enough to where I have an acceptable amount of rework left (and the bright side is I can build it up better than before with Interfaces! hahaha). Next step: source control! PLEASE ADVISE: this is still a very nasty bug, but I don't need a workaround/solution. The bug is reported through the auto-report when it crashes. I've narrowed the files down to all the BPs that had that interface. Do I resolve this thread or keep it open? Sorry for the trouble!
Steps: So I was experimenting with using Interfaces. I was shooting in the dark adding all sorts of Events and function from the Interface in the same BP and others. After cleaning the BPs up by removing any extra/duplicate nodes I compiled the BPs and got an error saying something like, "there are more that one function being called, starting at . However, I did a search in the all BPs and confirmed there was only one call to the event/function. I even tried deleting all and the error then read something like, "there are more that one function being called, starting at NONE. At which point I decided something got corrupted and hoped a close/restart would fix it. The project booted up, but now I can't open any level or blueprint that I have created. I can create a new BP and edit it. So it appears just the files are corrupt somehow. I updated the project to 4.8 in hopes it would fix it, but it doesn't work there either.
The crashes I've been auto reporting are under: MachineId:5AE863D74F05166DD54EAB911058125F EpicAccountId:6ca7010a03604552a41016db395e4096
Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help resolve this issue. Going to my last backup will be painfully long ago, (I have now learned my lesson and will set up a better backup system=/ ), so I would like to avoid that. Any work-around or fix would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time, Todd
Ah I understand. Unfortunately in the case of corruption like this there isn't going to be much I can do on my end. I'm happy to hear that you have since started using source control and have been able to work towards replacing the corrupted assets. For now, I will mark this as answered. If this happens to another asset, please comment back here with updated information and I'll be happy to take another look.
answered Aug 26 '15 at 08:45 PM
We haven't heard from you in several days. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information.
answered Aug 24 '15 at 05:07 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here