x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Build crashes when adding an extra gameplay module

I have this project that fails on building. When e.g. building it from Visual Studio I get the following message:

alt text

However, the specified dll file is in the Binaries/Win64 folder where it should be. The exact same project compiles fine on another computer with the same (as far as I can tell) setup.

I narrowed it down to be a matter of adding a gameplay module . I have tried with a minimal example where everything works fine until I add a gameplaymodule with a single class with a single constructor only writing an UE_LOG command.

This is really frustrating and any advise is much appreciated!

Product Version: UE 4.8
Tags:
capture.png (22.4 kB)
more ▼

asked Oct 01 '15 at 02:48 PM in C++ Programming

avatar image

SimenA
15 3 7 10

avatar image SimenA Oct 01 '15 at 04:19 PM

Yes, I already added the xxx.Build.cs and and also did the .uproject as you specify. However, I now changed the loading phase of the gameplay module from Default to PreLoadingScreen, and now it works, thanks a lot!!

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

2 answers: sort voted first

Did you add it into the xxx.Build.cs as module dependency? Also try adding it to the .uproject file

 {
     "FileVersion": 3,
     "EngineAssociation": "4.9",
     "Category": "Samples",
     "Description": "",
     "Modules": [
         {
             "Name": "ShooterGame",
             "Type": "Runtime",
             "LoadingPhase": "Default"
         },
         {
             "Name": "ShooterGameLoadingScreen",
             "Type": "Runtime",
             "LoadingPhase": "PreLoadingScreen"
         }
     ],
 
more ▼

answered Oct 01 '15 at 03:38 PM

avatar image

lion032
981 31 80 55

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

Not sure if this altogether solves the problem, but at least it works around it and makes the gameplay module work (Thanks to @lion032 ):

In the .uproject, in the gameplaymodule that fails, change the LoadingPhase from Default to PreLoadingScreen. In my case this made the build work smoothly!

more ▼

answered Oct 01 '15 at 04:23 PM

avatar image

SimenA
15 3 7 10

avatar image lion032 Oct 01 '15 at 04:39 PM

You are welcome!

Yes this is correct I forgot to change it in my answer.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question