x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Localization - locres files are not being loaded/packaged?

Hi, i recently tried to setup localization for our project and i'm stuck somehow and don't know why.

  • I used the localization dashboard to gather all my textfiles (worked like a charm)

  • Then translated some of the languages with the google toolkit via a .po file (worked like a charm)

  • Compiled the translations and within my projects content folder .locres files have been generated

  • Created a custom blueprint in c++ which changes cultures

  • Added all languages in by project settings -> packaging

I then build the game, but when i try to change the culture, nothing happens. Even when i try to force a individual culture through the 'DefaultEngine.ini' (like this: [Internationalization] Culture=de) it does not change the language. I have the feeling my locres files have not been packaged when building, but i have no idea why.

Please help me, i really don't know what to do anymore...

Here are a couple of screenshots of all my settings etc.:

Localization Dashboard Settings: Localization Dashboard Settings

Localization Folder Structure and .locres files: Folder Structure

Project Settings for packaging localization (i checked 'de', 'en' and 'ru'): Package Settings

Changing cultue in blueprints (doesn't matter if i use my own code or the -culture=xx command): Change culture

Set Culture C++ Code: Setculture code

One last thing i noticed, which has nothing to do with my problem, but is quite strange anyway, is: Changing my Region & Language settings in the Editor Preferences to a different language for 'Game Localization Language' e.g. German, is being reset every time i restart the editor, to English. Guess this is a bug.

I hope you can help me out!

Cheers, Priareos

Product Version: UE 4.10
Tags:
more ▼

asked Nov 26 '15 at 11:15 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Priareos
183 22 26 35

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

I kinda fixed my issue. I did rename may target in the localization dashboard to 'DashingDinos'. This obviously broke my packaging. It needs to be set to 'Game'. I tried to fix all the naming in every .ini file, but it still wouldn't package. Just redid everything with target named 'Game' and it works like a charm :)

more ▼

answered Dec 09 '15 at 10:54 PM

avatar image

Priareos
183 22 26 35

avatar image mdonge Mar 03 '16 at 07:19 AM

Thank you man !!! It was really hard to find where was the problem !

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question