Wildcard array in macro causes building failure even though it was confirmed as having been fixed in UE 4.10.1.
So I ran into this problem outlined here:
A few comments down it was confirmed as having been fixed in Unreal Engine 4.10.1 and it was also mentioned in the "UE 4.10.1 Hotfix changenotes" as having been fixed. See UE-23132.
However, I have been struggling with the same problem even though I am using the above mentioned UE version.
There is a slight difference in my case, I am using a Macro Library and the following macro is giving me the errors in my log:
It checks whether an array is empty or not as it was the source of a few "out of bounds" errors and since I was started to use it a lot I decided to use a wildcard array for different cases.
I have verified my Unreal Engine 4.10.1 installation but to no avail. I probably messed up somewhere but I'm not sure where. I will try to recreate the problem in a fresh project tomorrow to see if I can come up with more info.
Thanks and cheers!
Error in log:
I had the same problem in UE 4.10.2.
I could pass this by inserting below codes at Engine/KismetCompiler.cpp line 2797. Note that its version is 4.10.2, not 4.10.1.
I think reconstruction codes added in UE 4.10 cause the problem. I attached my problematic macro below for reference.
answered Feb 04 '16 at 11:45 AM
Found a workaround for my specific case as I removed the wildcard array from the output and it now seems to work.
I do however think this is a bug and should be looked at.
answered Dec 22 '15 at 11:18 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here