x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Projectile Hit

So I'm setting up a tower defense type game. Problem I'm having is every so often (gun shoots 485 rpm so several times during a burst) the projectiles will bounce off of the target tumbling in opposite direction without registering a hit event. For the life of me I can't figure out why. I have it setup to destroy itself on hit but obviously that doesn't work. I've tried all kinds of options other than destroy which is how I realized it's not registering the hit event. I figured maybe the gun was shooting too fast so I slowed it down, nearly in half, but same result.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Has anyone else faced this issue? Thanks in advance!

Product Version: UE 4.10
Tags:
more ▼

asked Dec 31 '15 at 10:22 AM in Blueprint Scripting

avatar image

jtsmith
1.4k 70 29 92

avatar image jtsmith Jan 01 '16 at 03:16 AM

Just bumping this up hoping someone will have some insight!

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Hi man , Your bullet bounce off the target without getting the hit event.. check your collision objects. they have to be collidable , and they need to have the generate hit event checked . Try to use a simple actor with a cube.

more ▼

answered Dec 31 '15 at 12:00 PM

avatar image

Est_engine
1.2k 58 12 62

avatar image jtsmith Dec 31 '15 at 01:16 PM

Thanks for the reply. The collisions are set properly. I would say nearly 95% of the projectiles do what they are suppose to do - trigger the hit event and destroy themselves, while the remaining 5% simply bounce off not triggering the hit event or destroying themselves.

It is the same instance of the projectile and same instance of the character pawn so if 1 billet triggers the hit event and destroys itself, logically so should every other one.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question