x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

[Closed] Game works fine in editor, glitches when using Android device.

So I've finished my game, and packaged it, and everything works fine in the editor. So I get my file uploaded to the Google Play Store, Then I realise that I haven't tested it on an Android device. So I use the Android SDK, and a USB port to test my game on an Android Samsung Galaxy Tab, However here's what happens. It shows my splash screen, plays the music I have with it, then shows the main menu widget. I click my different buttons "Credits" and "Story", and they both open up their separate widgets. Then I click "Start", which is supposed to open up the game, which is a randomly generated endless runner, constantly panning to the left. But instead, it just restarts the main menu widget, displaying my splash screen with sound, and showing the main menu. I have worked on this game for about 3 months, and I have squashed many different bugs and package build fails, however I just can't seem to figure this one out. I am extremely desperate and really need help. One thing that I did notice is that the game is having a hard time opening basically any level except for the main menu, will this be happening with the APK that I have packaged? Like is this possibly a problem with the playing live on the device?

I also included 2 screenshots of my level, and how my level is supposed to start. Again, it works fine in the editor, so I really can't figure out what the problem is. But I really need help, so please, any help is appreciated.

alt text

Product Version: UE 4.8
Tags:
more ▼

asked Mar 06 '16 at 02:56 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Denathorn
35 6 13 18

avatar image Distul Jun 05 '16 at 08:30 AM

Which Tab version? I know the Galaxy Tab 4 has had some serious crash issues in the past. I'm not sure if they've been fixed. Check compatibility list. (I'd link you but I'm on the go atm)

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

The question has been closed Aug 16 '16 at 05:58 PM by Steve Hardister for the following reason:

Problem is not reproducible or outdated


1 answer: sort voted first

Hi Denathorn,

Due to the large volume of questions and comments concerning the Engine, we did not have a chance to respond to your post at the time you submitted it. However, looking at this briefly, it appears you are trying to change levels while launching on the device. When launching on the device, it will only load the current level that you have open so when you try to change levels, it simply restarts the current level. To test your entire game, you will need to package all contents of the project.

Hopefully this answers this question. However, if you are still experiencing this issue in the current release of the Engine, please make a new post for assistance.

Thanks,

Steve H.

more ▼

answered Aug 16 '16 at 05:53 PM

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question