Precomputed visibility not working on Mobile/MobilePIE
I have set up precomputed visibility for my level, everything seems to be working fine in editor as well as in PIE I see the statically occluded primitives, I get no warnings about camera being outside of precomputed area etc. However once I build for mobile or I run the level in mobile PIE the precomputed visibility is not working and all I get is culling from frustum.
asked Apr 17 '16 at 10:07 AM in Bug Reports
I've got a simple test project I'm going to attach here for you test with. Everything I see here is working as intended.
In this scene you can use the following cvars and stats renderings to see the statically occluded primitives being removed. Access these on the device by tapping 4 fingers on the screen to bring up the console window.
Move around the cells towards the wall and back and you'll see it initialize when in the cells and in a cell that is not partly through the wall. To get better results you would want to lower the cell size value in the World Settings. This will make them more densely packed and get more accurate results, but at added precomputed visibility memory usage. You may also want to adjust the Visibility Aggressiveness to help occlude these primitives as well.
On my personal site here I've got some information here for setting up and using Precomputed Visibility Volumes. There may have been something that you missed that would help you out.
answered Apr 25 '16 at 06:39 PM
Tim Hobson ♦♦ STAFF
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here