Sessions Hosting and Finding not working on steam published game
Right now we are having a lot of trouble trying to get our game on steam because of an issue on steam sessions. During development, we have been using the 480 appID with and we got the multiplayer hosting and finding lobbies to work flawlessly. However when we finally got our own appID, Sessions are not working anymore at all.
When creating a session (Either through C++ or blueprint, or even the advanced session plugin), nothing happens. We dont get a success or a failure callback, and as far as I could tell, no errors in the log. Same thing happens when we try to look for lobbies, nothing happens, both success and failure are not called on.
The steam overlay is working correctly AND showing the correct game name. From the logs, steam initializes fine and I cant seem to find the issue. Whats even more confusing, we are able to host dedicated servers and join them through console commands, just not lobbies.
We contacted valve, and they assured us that our appID has lobby support enabled for it. Which drives me to think maybe there is an issue with UE4, but I couldnt find any hint on what it could be. I am hoping for some help from the community to try and figure this out.
Attached below is our log.
asked Apr 26 '16 at 10:44 PM in Using UE4
Hassan El Habbak
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here