[ANDROID] Low performance after upgrade to 4.11.2
we have the following problem with out small mobile game.
First we have the following devices to play around with:
On UE 4.10.4 the game worked fine on every device except for the Galaxy S7, because there were no textures rendered so the games was completely black.
So we decided to upgrade our game to UE 4.11.2 which worked fine on the first look. We got textures rendered on the S7 and increased FPS on the Nexus 5 aswell on the Galaxy S2. But on the Sony Xperia M4 the FPS have decreased from about 25 down to 5. On the Phicomm i600 the games does not start anymore.
Are there any changes with the device profiles which cousing this error? How can i get rid of the performance decrease on the Xperia M4 and the Phicomm i600 device?
Thanks for answering.
Kind regards, pyr0t0n
asked May 18 '16 at 08:17 AM in Everything Else
Do you have any logs from the Phicomm i600 crash? I don't believe we have an example of this device for testing I'm afraid, although we have other devices with a Adreno 203 GPU.
The Sony Xperia M4 has an Adreno 405 which in both 4.10 and 4.11 would have been detected as Android_4xx which is based on Android_High which chooses 720p resolution. I will ask our QA to see if they can replicate the performance regression on that device here.
answered May 18 '16 at 01:09 PM
I'm not sure if it's your case, but I found that in some devices there's a performance drop to single digits if UE 4.11 is not running at the native resolution (r.MobileContentScaleFactor is set to anything but 0). In my case it was a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Cyanogen. It's worth a try changing the deviceprofile for the GPU.
answered Aug 04 '16 at 10:14 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here