x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Office Holiday

Epic Games' offices will be on holiday from June 22nd to July 7th. During this period support will be limited. Our offices will reopen on Monday, July 8th. 

Problem with SSL library on Andoid 6+

I'm making a project for the GearVR on Android. I'm using a library which dynamically loads another .so library (i.e. using dlopen), which depends on openssl, (libssl.so). On phones running Android 6.0+, the ssl library on the device is severely stripped down, so the dlopen fails with a "missing symbol" error.

I've compiled openSSL from source, so that I have a full ssl library, but I don't know how to properly include the new ssl library and make dlopen look for the dependencies inside it.

Edit: If it helps any, the I'm trying to work with python stuff, the library that's being loaded is _ssl.so;

I've tried including my libssl in the .apk by putting it in Engine/Build/Android/Java/jni and editing the Android.mk file. After doing that, I did dlopen() on my libssl with the GLOBAL flag, before doing the python initialization, and that didn't work.

After that I recompiled, my libssl to have a versioned soname (I think), and recompiled the python _ssl.so to have the version in it's dependency, and now it seems to be loading the libraries properly on Android 6, but it's broken on Android 5, saying it can't find the libssl.so.1.0.0 that it depends on

Product Version: UE 4.11
Tags:
more ▼

asked May 25 '16 at 01:15 PM in C++ Programming

avatar image

W_Dog
26 1 3 7

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

I've got it working. I included my libssl.so in Engine/Build/Android/Java/jni and edited the Android makefile (similar to what's done here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?3504-Android-Java-Libraries-in-UE4-Game-%28OUYA-SDK-Google-Play-Game-Services-etc-%29&highlight=android%20.so) and then made my own dlopen call to open with the RTLD_GLOBAL flag before the python initialization that had the failing dlopen.

It didn't seem to work if the python library had an explicit dependency on a libssl.so written into it's file, or if my libssl.so had the same soname as the default Android one, so I compiled a versions of the libraries where those weren't the case.

more ▼

answered May 25 '16 at 05:43 PM

avatar image

W_Dog
26 1 3 7

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question