Audio issues on iOS when launching via Windows Editor
I seem to have encountered a bug. After launching my project on iPhone 5s via the Editor on Windows 7, I noticed that the audio quality has deteriorated quite badly - I could hear noise and crack through my headphones, and at the part the music loops there is a slight, but noticeable gap. Changing the compression to anything from 1 to 99 doesn't seem to do anything, but changing it to 100 removes the noise and cracks, but the Stereo sound turns to Mono for some reason. The audio files I used were exported from Cubase 7, in 44100 Hz 16 bit WAV files.
asked Jun 08 '16 at 06:27 PM in Bug Reports
Hey Kunning Fox,
Sample rate and the number of bits per sample have a direct impact on the size of your audio files. If you need to play many such sounds, or long-duration sounds, consider reducing these values to reduce the memory footprint of the audio data.
For example, rather than use 44.1 kHz sampling rate for sound effects, you could use a 32 kHz (or possibly lower) sample rate and still provide reasonable quality. Using monophonic (single-channel) audio instead of stereo (two channel) reduces file size. For each sound asset, consider whether mono could suit your needs.
Perhaps what is occurring when you set the compression to 100 is that it defaults to Mono in order to optimize space. In order to verify this, I would need a minimal test case where the issue occurs (crackling).
answered Jun 09 '16 at 09:54 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here