x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

When do I need to pay ?

Hello, I just installed the Epic Game Launcher and would like to create a map for one game, which will be, if it success, for free as a downloadable mod. The reason why I am asking is, that I am little confused about the payment policy, do I need to pay for the product which I downloaded from you, Epic Game Launcher, or after I downloaded the dev kit which I will probably need to create the map (the game is ARK Survival evolved , apologize if it looks like comercial or smth) or, after I will upload (again, if it succes :D ) to steam workshop ? I'm kinda newb in this and don't have much experience in it, so its 95% chance that it will fail but still, want to just test it if I am able to do smth like this, but how I said at begin, I am little confused about the payment. I understand the 5% royalty from earned cash , f.e. 100usd=5usd need to pay you, but if I didn't get any money from it, do I need to still pay something like, product cost,licence or renting fee ?

Product Version: Epic Games Launcher
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jun 19 '16 at 08:36 AM in Legal & Licensing

avatar image

Bramborovygulas
1 1 1

avatar image atypic STAFF Jun 19 '16 at 05:20 PM

So to make sure I understand, you're only talking about mods to ARK Survival?

avatar image Bramborovygulas Jun 20 '16 at 08:17 PM

Yes,I am talking only about mods to ARK Survival.

avatar image atypic STAFF Jun 22 '16 at 12:13 AM

ARK mods aren't monetized, are they?

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Haven't seen any yet, so if I am understanding it right, I can use the dev kit for "free" ? Until I will start gaining money from it, like if someone will donate or etc ? ? (But ARK mods on steam are free to download and use)

more ▼

answered Jun 23 '16 at 11:41 AM

avatar image

Bramborovygulas
1 1 1

avatar image atypic STAFF Jun 23 '16 at 01:55 PM

If there is no monetization of the ARK mods, then there is no royalty for you to owe. Normally the ARK developer will take care of royalties on the game ARK instead of you. But if you monetize in a way where only you get paid (seems unlikely), we can discuss again.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question