x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Package GUID mismatch

I am packaging a windows client and linux server via RunUAT. This has been working fine for a long time but now I am getting an error on the client side when I run the game.

alt text

For some reason it thinks my HUD bp is mismatching between my client and server.

Like I said this was working fine before.

My build commands are below.

 "D:\UnrealEngine4.11\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT" BuildCookRun -project="%WORKSPACE%\FPSGame\FPSGame.uproject" -noP4 -platform=Linux -serverplatform=Linux -server -serverconfig=DebugGame -cook -allmaps -build -stage -pak -targetplatform=Linux -archive -archivedirectory="D:\UE4Builds\Omniwar"

 "D:\UnrealEngine4.11\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\RunUAT" BuildCookRun -project="%WORKSPACE%\FPSGame\FPSGame.uproject" -noP4 -platform=Win64 -clientconfig=DebugGame -serverplatform=Win64 -server -serverconfig=DebugGame -cook -allmaps -build -stage -pak -targetplatform=Win64 -archive -archivedirectory="D:\UE4Builds\Omniwar"

I tested it without the -pak flag too just to verify that the BP_FPSHUD blueprint is being packaged and it is.

Does anyone know where I can find the GUIDs? Or what could be going wrong?

I have tried deleting Intermediate, Binaries, DerivedDataCache, and the archived directory and rebuilding. However this didn't fix the issue.

Edit: I tried reverting to a previous version of BP_FPSHUD and it still isn't working.

Product Version: UE 4.11
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jun 28 '16 at 07:28 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

erebel55
385 42 46 65

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Okay, so I was able to resolve this by following the same steps that I followed for my last issue. https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/434795/dedicated-server-default-map.html

UE4 is pretty finicky with the Saved, Intermediate, and Binaries folders :/

I guess I will keep following these steps whenever something odd happens.

  1. Deleted Saved, Binaries, and Intermediate from my local project

  2. Deleted the contents of my jenkins project from the file system

  3. Deleted the contents of UE4Builds\Omniwar (the archived directory specified in my RunUAT command)

  4. Rebuilt

  5. Deleted my LinuxServer directory from my linux machine

  6. Did a rsync of the LinuxServer back to my linux machine

more ▼

answered Jun 29 '16 at 01:04 PM

avatar image

erebel55
385 42 46 65

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question