x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Localization Asset - Not working on Offline Font

Hello,

we are trying to localize our offline font, but for some reason the Localized Asset is not being used, only the original, even after switching the language. What i did was just right clicking on the offline font -> Asset Localization -> Create Localized Asset -> Russian. Then Unreal created the folder structure and the asset for me and i changed the font to use Russian characters.

When i switch the language in a standalone session or the build game, the Localized Asset is not switched out. Is there anything else i have to do to make it work?

Here is what my folder structure inside of unreal looks like: alt text

Cheers, Priareos

Product Version: UE 4.13
Tags:
more ▼

asked Oct 14 '16 at 04:02 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Priareos
183 22 26 35

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

UPDATE: We tried several solutions to use localized offline fonts, all to no avail. Our best solution so far was to create a material with several font atlases e.g. one for english, one for russian. Then switch the fonts, via a MaterialParameterCollection - Parameter, when switching the language. This worked, but the TextRenderComponent needs to update the font as well, which is not implemented properly, but i guess can be added in c++, or inside each blueprint where it is used via an interface. However, we didn't continue to put more effort into this. We also tried editing the font and added cyrillic letters to it with FontForge. This could have been a nice solution, but russian mixes cyrillic letters with western ones, which looks quite strange, if they are from two different fonts.

Our Solution now is the most obvious, we switch our entire font to one with cyrillic and western (and japanese) letters. Luckily we found a font, which still fits our game and has all the letters. My recommendation for everyone with this issue is to switch to a font consisting of all characters necessary, at least until Epic does something about offline font localization. -.-

Cheers

more ▼

answered Oct 16 '16 at 01:55 PM

avatar image

Priareos
183 22 26 35

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question