[BUG REPORT] Text and materials not showing correctly and some other render issues on Android 6.0 and 4.4.2
But now in 4.14.0 in Android ETC1 with text appearing just as "blocks", and also my target in the middle of the screen now has no alpha, its the same one found in the FirstPersonTemplate, and yes I had tested it and it appears black too.
Sometimes, that material with the title of my game "Virtrin" appears just as a black material randomly, like in my previous report.
My cellphone is a Huawei G Play Mini with Android 6.0 and a ARM Mali 400
And then I proceed to test in other phone, and things got worst.
Now this time with a Lanix Ilium S130 with Android 4.4.2
UMG Elements and text appear correctly...
But the 3D environment don't. It has too much contrast.
If you see, things that look bad in Android 6.0 look good in 4.4.2 and vice versa.
I hope this gets fixed, since my project is aimed for devices from 4.4.2 to 6.0 Thank you!
So your main issue is that the size of your texture exceeds the mobile limitations. The dimensions of the texture in question are 3556x2000 and the maximum we allow in any direction is 2048x2048. I would be sure to take a read over the Texture and Performance Guidelines for mobile as the will definitely come into play while developing.
With that said, I was still able to get the single texture to render correctly in your project when launched to and Android device using the ASTC compression which is the latest form of compression.
As you can see if you looked at the device compatibility, the GPU family you are testing is the least tested and most uncertain of devices in regards to what is expected to work on devices using those gpus.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Samsung S3 - Mali 400
Your targeted hardware was also set to Desktop/Console so that could also have an effect on the final packaged project. I am aware this device has a different and newer GPU compared to the one you are testing and I will test that GPU as soon as I have the correct device.
answered Dec 06 '16 at 08:14 PM
I ran some tests on my end, and am not getting the same results as you are reporting. Granted, I launched to a Samsung S5 and tested the default First Person Shooter Example template project. You mentioned you get the same results when testing the FPS template project which makes me think this could be related to your device.
I do have a suggestion which could be the cause of your issue. In your materials that you are calling to draw to the screen, be sure their domain are set to UI and any associated textures are within the UI texture group. Below are the results for my test example map.
UI Material Domain
Captured on Device - Samsung Galaxy S5
Let me know if you have further questions or additional comments.
answered Nov 21 '16 at 09:37 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here