Missing "aps-environment" Entitlement
I've been pushing to the App Store, for the most part everything works fine; except I get a nasty-gram from Apple saying that...
"Your app appears to register with Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the 'aps-environment' entitlement"...
1) I've configured the Apple side of things by creating SSL certificates and enabling my app for push notifications.
2) I've downloaded the new mobile provision for my app (that now includes the push notifications enabled).
3) I've imported the new mobile provisions using XCode ==> Preferences ==> Accounts
4) I've imported the new mobile provisions using Unreal ==> Project Settings ==> iOS ==> Import Provision
Things build fine, upload to "store" (where I can run it using TestFlight). But the nasty-gram persists... and I'm anticipating being rejected from the app store upon submission.
I'm building a project which has a mix of C++ and Blueprints, on a Mac with XCode. And for the Mac, I'm building with full Unreal source.
Question: How can I add the 'aps-environment' entitlement to my app?
5) I've tried updating "IOS/Intermediate/MyApp.entitlements" but the Unreal builder regenerates this file; overwriting my changes.
6) I've also tried including "bSupportsPushNotifications=True" in "Config/IOS/IOSEngine.ini"
I must be missing something, but docs are hard to find re push notifications for Unreal. Please help! This is a major blocker!
asked Jan 09 '17 at 11:43 PM in Packaging & Deployment
I hadn't tried Steve's method... only because I hacked at it a bit and got it working before this answer. Here's what I did...
There's a file that's generated sometime early on during your project (not every build)... Intermediate/ProjectFilesIOS/build/YourApp.build/ShippingIphoneOS/YourAppBuild/YourApp.app.xcent
In there, there is some XML-ish key/value pairs. I added...
Save, and re-package your project. Apple stopped complaining for me.
I think the "correct" way is to hunt a little more and find out where/when the file that was generated omitted this setting. So, I wouldn't use this as a permanent solution. But it should unblock you for now.
answered Feb 06 '17 at 10:25 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here