Suddenly "Failed to connect to bundle"
I have an ios project in unreal engine(Using windows 10). Launching worked fine, I could deploy my game on my iPhone5 without any problem. I just had an issue with an in-game video: it didn't play on my phone, so I guessed it must be because I have to put the video file in the content/movies folder of my project, so I did. Since then I cannot launch my game on my phone, I get the "Failed to connect to bundle com.xxx.xxx" message in the log.
This is rather strange, that copying a video file in the content folder, gives me an error message related to my bundle.
How could I fix this issue?
asked Jan 09 '17 at 11:49 PM in Packaging & Deployment
Apologies for taking some time to return I have been. The ultimate answer here is that this is not really a bug and you are just encountering some of the limitations of the media framework for that specific engine release. We are going to be reworking the system again to improve further upon its compatibility and playback of various media files.
We have done some of this refactoring already for 4.15, but with the release of 4.16 we also plan to do some heavy refactoring so issues like the one you are experiencing will be potentially resolved.
Let me know if you have further questions.
answered Mar 06 '17 at 08:01 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here