Intellisense stopped working
today my Intellisense stopped working in VS2015 on UE 4.13. I've written some problematic code and my project was crashing on startup. As my VS was still opened I commented it out and build the solution through VS. My projected started up but the Intellisense was not working. I closed and reopened VS but the Intellisense was still not working.
I tried closing VS and unreal, removed all the files in Binaries folder then used "Generated VS project files". After I launched my project again and opened a CPP class in the blue bar at the bottom of VS was showing:
but at the end Intellisense was still not working.
At some point of testing I added some code and got error in that blue bar - "Intellisense 'No members available'". Everything in the CPP file "is undefined"
I tried re-logging into Microsoft account as Intellisense is not available for anonymous users.. But it didn't work.
I checked configurations related with VS in https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/Development/VisualStudioSetup/index.html but nothing helped.
After that I updated VS2015 and restarted my computer but Intellisense is still not working.
Tried creating new project, downloading older UE version 4.11.1 and 4.12.5, setting #include "EngineMinimal.h" to "Engine.h" and I'm out of ideas. As I didn't manage to find solution in google I ended up looking for assistance in here.
Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Regards, Georgi R.
asked Feb 06 '17 at 10:01 PM in C++ Programming
I manage to fix my problem! This guy is a god: phoboz
I did this:
In the editor File->Refresh VS Project
Give it 5-10 seconds to rescan files
answered Feb 07 '17 at 10:42 PM
go to Project>>"project_name" Properties>>NMake on the left sidebar>> put /Yu in the Additional Options under IntelliSense
answered Nov 19 '17 at 09:33 AM
Hey, for people who is having problems with IntelliSense, my problem might help some others. My IntelliSense was working on x86 but not x64
I tried everything to solve it but what had really happened was that I had overwritten the file "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSBuild\v4.0\ Microsoft.Cpp.x64.user.props" with the content from a colleague to build other project.
I added these lines which are the ones which screwed up my x64 Intellisense...
<ItemDefinitionGroup> <ClCompile> <AdditionalIncludeDirectories> <\AdditionalIncludeDirectories> <\ClCompile> <\ItemDefinitionGroup>
So all I had to do was to REMOVE THEM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here