x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Assertion when running on Android Device

Hello,

today I ran into the issue, that my game would crash directly after launching it on my Android device. It worked without issues yesterday. Launching the Game on PC works fine aswell. After checking my logcat files I ran over this Assertion here:

 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FDebug::LogAssertFailedMessage(char const*, char const*, int, wchar_t const*, ...)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FInternationalization::GetDefaultCulture() const
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FICUInternationalization::Initialize()
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FTextFormatter::Format(FTextFormat&&, TArray<FFormatArgumentValue, FDefaultAllocator>&&, bool, bool)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FText::Format(FTextFormat, FFormatArgumentValue)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FProjectDescriptor::Load(FString const&, FText&)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FProjectManager::LoadProjectFile(FString const&)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FEngineLoop::PreInit(wchar_t const*)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!FEngineLoop::PreInit(int, wchar_t**, wchar_t const*)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!AndroidMain(android_app*)
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so!android_main()
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libUE4.so![Unknown]()
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libc.so![Unknown]()
 04-27 05:57:24.181 20583 20596 D UE4     : libc.so![Unknown]()

It seems like a pointer to the DefaultCulture of the game is not inititialized. I allready checked all i18n settings. I have set up 2 cultures in the l8n dashboard: en and de. Since I am running on a german device, I thought this might be an issue. I also made sure that both cultures are being packaged in the Packaging setting. I will also add a logcat file.

[1]: /storage/temp/135722-logcat.txt

Product Version: UE 4.15
Tags:
logcat.txt (465.1 kB)
more ▼

asked Apr 27 '17 at 04:13 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Brainshack
103 19 26 47

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

1 answer: sort voted first

Hi Brainshack,

If you word search the logcat for 'signal' you will find: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV). Searching that I found several Android users developing on different engines that have received that error. Maybe that is a good place to start?

If that doesn't get you on track, could you post your entire log file?

more ▼

answered Apr 27 '17 at 07:31 PM

avatar image

TJ V ♦♦ STAFF
41.3k 1008 181 492

avatar image Brainshack May 01 '17 at 06:11 PM

link text

Hi TJ. I have uploaded the whole log. Maybe you can make something of it, cuz I cant.

log.txt (478.1 kB)
avatar image Brainshack May 02 '17 at 02:30 PM

It seems there are two issues. The one was that I forgot to add a map to the package. There now seems to be an issue with internationalisation. See the attached file for the log.link text

log.txt (3.3 kB)
avatar image Brainshack May 02 '17 at 03:52 PM

Can someone please help me? This is a roadblock. I can't create any builds anymore that work.

avatar image Brainshack May 02 '17 at 04:17 PM

I made some sort of progress on the issue. After renaming and moving some files in the project earlier, my Maps and Modes Settings in the project were missing the default game mode and default map for the game. The game now launches without crashing. Instead it displays a message on the screen:

Failed to open descriptor file ' ../../../TrafficCOntrol/TrafficControl.uproject'

avatar image TJ V ♦♦ STAFF May 18 '17 at 08:31 PM

Hi Brainshack,

Here is a couple of other post that mentions the message you are seeing. Maybe something will help you get rid of it.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/262680/failed-to-open-descriptor-file-error.html

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/471012/failed-to-open-descriptor-file-on-android.html

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question