x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Custom Plugins in Android don't work.

Hi,

I have implemented a Plugin based in the structure of the Module Advertising from Unreal Engine code. It contains 3 modules:

  • 1 module to define a common interface class and the access to the core. This module reads the default provider defined by the config files.

  • another module to define windows code (extending the interface and writing windows-only code)

  • another like the one above just for android.

The plugin is another module that implements all Blueprint access to the first module.

At the moment the plugin compiles and works in windows. In android compiles and becomes part the pak file looking at the unreal editor logs apparently:

LogPlayLevel:Display: unrealpak: LogPakFile:Display: Added file Source: %PATH%/Plugins/WBPlugin/WBPlugin.uplugin Dest: ../../../Game/Plugins/WBPlugin/

...

LogPlayLevel:Display: unrealpak: LogPakFile:Display: Added file "Game/Plugins/WBPlugin/WBPlugin.uplugin", 997 bytes.

However looking at the logcat logs from android (in Eclipse for example) :

06-23 09:20:55.553: D/UE4(11577): [2014.06.23-09.20.55:565][ 0]LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Script/WBPlugin'

The plugin seems to compile fine in Android. Before I had that problem and managed to get it to compiled fine for Android due to a problem in the include lines in the cpp files, the sorting of listed modules in the plugin file (uplugin) and the LoadingPhase config in these. I include the .uplugin file for further information. link text

Looking at UE AnswerHub and the forums most of the people suggest to add a line to DefaultEngine.ini :

[Plugins]

+EnabledPlugins=WahlapBoardPlugin

I have tried to add that line(s) with the + and without it, and also with quotes and without them. I have also tried to add this to the Android config file (AndroidEngine.ini) (not initially in the project, I have created it), like in the DefaultEngine.ini. In all cases the log output is the same.

I wonder if there is a different way to add a plugin in Android or it is just not working right now in Android. If they work, if there is anything else I am missing?

Thanks

Product Version: Not Selected
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jun 23 '14 at 09:40 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Gon123
6 2 2 6

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

1 answer: sort voted first

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We were not able to investigate this on the engine version you reported, but there have been many version changes to UE4 since this question was first posted. With a new version of the Engine comes new fixes and it is possible that this issue has changed or may no longer occur. Due to timetable of when this issue was first posted, we are marking this post as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported in the current engine version, then please respond to this message with additional information and we will investigate as soon as possible. If you are experiencing a similar, but different issue at this time, could you please submit a new report for it.

Thanks!

more ▼

answered Dec 02 '14 at 04:52 PM

avatar image

[Epic] Gribbs ♦♦ STAFF
11.8k 292 14 76

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question