Spline Mesh Component maxes out disk usage
have encountered a situation when using the spline mesh component that results in the computers disk usage getting maxed out to 100%.
Specifically, the situation happens when you have a spline mesh WITH collision enabled, and you update the splines positions and tangents EVERY tick/frame.
I realize that updating a spline mesh with collision enabled every frame may be less than ideal towards performance. However, the fact that this situation completely maxes disk usage has me wondering if this is simply a limitation of the engine, or if this is an actual bug.
Steps to Reproduce
his can easily be reproduced within the Content Examples project available from the Epic Games Launcher's Learn tab.
As long as the blueprint logic that updates the fish spline mesh is executing every frame, you should notice the hit to performance. If you open up your computers Task Manager, you should see that the disk usage maxes out.
Hopefully someone could let me know if this is simply a situation that I should avoid, or if it's a bug that can potentially be fixed.
asked Jun 26 '17 at 11:20 PM in Bug Reports
Sorry for the delay.
After looking at your system specs, that seems to be the issue. You are using an integrated graphics card which reserves some of your 8 GB of RAM for other things. Here is what we recommend:
Anytime you are doing something like setting a location on tick, it can be pretty taxing on your system. We tested your project on our PC's but the max disk usage was 14%.
answered Jul 17 '17 at 02:55 PM
TJ V ♦♦ STAFF
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here