x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

GameplayCue (from Abilities module) not working when in packaged file.

Title pretty much says it all. I went to package my game to test it with some friends online, but the whole "Gameplay Cue" component of the "Gameplay Abilities" system wasn't working at all. There are no warnings/errors or anything in the logs about this issue. Any ideas?

More Info Edit: My cues are BPs which inherit from the GameplayCue Static object. The GameplayCue Editor finds them when I open the window, and I have BP code written inside of the "OnExecute" function. That code is run for all of my effects inside of the engine, be it PIE, separate window, or even it's own process. I call for the effects to be applied within the gameplay effect as a "display" variable and let the system/engine handle all of that. My cues are all named something like "GameplayCue.Y.Z" as suggested by the window itself.

My cues themselves are set in a directory like Blueprints/Abilities/Class/Ability, and inside of my DefaultGame.ini I have written this line: [/Script/GameplayAbilities.AbilitySystemGlobals] +GameplayCueNotifyPaths="/Game/Blueprints"

I am packaging through File -> Package project, for Windows 64bit.

I think this has to be an error with the engine, behind the scenes code, or packaging itself, because really my GC's are working flawlessly in all other parts of the engine (so it can't be my setup).

Update: This is using 4.16.2 from the launcher, not from source. When attempting to hot reload or recompile modules I get an error about an invalid makefile. I tried building from source but have run out of time for now with all of the fetching and recompiling. So far I am unable to confirm if anyone else has GCs working in a packaged project.

Product Version: UE 4.16
Tags:
more ▼

asked Jul 05 '17 at 02:32 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Zerve
23 3 6 9

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

SOLVED.

Needed to go into package settings and add my gameplay cue folder to "Additional Asset Directories to Cook."

more ▼

answered Jul 07 '17 at 05:15 PM

avatar image

Zerve
23 3 6 9

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question