Light Propagation Volume enabled causes "Assertion failed: IsInRenderingThread()" crash in Development build
Enabling LPV by adding "r.LightPropagationVolume = 1" to either the engine's ConsoleVariables.ini or a project's DefaultEngine.ini causes Development builds to crash when run.
Note: There are 0 error(s) and 0 warning(s) reported when building.
Note: Only Development builds crash. Shipping builds appear to run fine. The game runs fine in editor.
1) Launch 4.17
2) Create a new blank project with no starter content
3) Go to File --> Save Current As and click Save to save the default map as "NewMap" in the Content folder
4) Go to Edit --> Project Settings --> Maps and Modes and set NewMap to be the default Editor Startup Map and Game Default Map
5) Close the window and exit the editor
6) Do one of the following:
Add "r.LightPropagationVolume = 1" to the engine's ConsoleVariables.ini file and save it
Add the following to the project's DefaultEngine.ini file in the project's Config folder and save it
r.LightPropagationVolume = 1
7) Restart the editor and re-open the project
8) Check that File --> Package Project --> Build Configuration is set to Development
9) Package a build by going to File --> Package Project --> Windows --> Windows (64-bit)
10) Select a folder location and click Select Folder
11) The build will complete with 0 errors and 0 warnings
12) Run the build from the selected location in Windows and it will crash with the following error:
The Game has crashed and will close
Assertion Failed: IsInRenderingThread() [File:D:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.17+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Renderer\Private\PostProcess\SceneRenderTarget.cpp][Line: 2070]
asked Aug 21 '17 at 07:59 AM in Bug Reports
I was able to reproduce this issue on our end with the information provided. I have written up a report and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.
Make it a great day
answered Sep 01 '17 at 05:30 PM
Rudy Q ♦♦ STAFF
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here