MSAA breaks post process material that compares scene depth and custom depth
I'm not sure whether this is an issue that's just inherent to MSAA or not, but I can't seem to find any proper information on this issue.
1) Download Tom Looman's outline shader. http://www.tomlooman.com/multi-color-outline-post-process-in-unreal-engine-4/
2) Enable Forward Renderer
3) Set custom depth stencil pass to enabled with stencil
4) Create a new material with a base color input of 0.1
5) Create an unbound post process volume using the post process material.
6) Create some spheres and place them in a similar manner to what's shown below. Enable custom depth on them and set their custom depth stencil value to 254. Apply the material we made previously to them to improve visibilty of the effect.
7) Observe the effect rendering correctly
8) Switch to MSAA with atleast 2 samples.
9) The effect no longer works correctly.
asked Aug 27 '17 at 09:20 PM in Bug Reports
Sorry for the delayed response. I have entered a report based on the sample project you provided: https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-49851 . You can track the report's status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.
answered Sep 15 '17 at 07:00 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here