[Bug] Relevant Anim Time Remaining Doesn't Work when state has been copied and pasted.
1) Open ThirdPerson Example Project, then open the character's AnimBP
2) In the transition from JumpEnd to Idle, change the transition to read: GetRelevantAnimTimeRemaining <= 0.0f.
3) Compile, play. Observe the jump ends correctly and the player can still see the walk animation afterwards.
4) Back in the AnimBP, copy and paste the JumpEnd state. The newly pasted state does not need to be hooked up to anything (although it can be)
5) Compile, play. Observe that after jumping, the AnimBP never leaves the JumpEnd state and you won't see the walk animation when moving. GetRelevantAnimTimeRemaining and all similar functions return FLT_MAX (unless clamped, in which case they always return 1.0f)
Expected Result: When a state is copied and pasted, GetRelevantAnimTimeRemaining and related functions still return valid numbers based on the original JumpEnd state.
Repros 100% in: 4.16, 4.17, although I believe this affects all versions. I was unable to find this bug on the forums or Issues Tracker, so thought I'd post it.
Thank you for posting the video. I looked into it and the bug has already been recorded. If you would like to keep an eye on it, you can do so here in the public tracker. If you have any other questions regarding the issue above, let me know and I will get back to you.
I thought I was going insane. Glad this is getting resolved.
answered Dec 03 '17 at 04:26 AM
I was having the same issue until I realized I had to uncheck Loop Animation for the animation in my state. For some reason looping animations don't set the Relative time remaining values.
answered Nov 06 '18 at 02:24 AM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here