Change Trail Notify particle at runtime?
I'm wondering if it's possible to change the particle emitter of a Trail Notify at runtime? Basically I've added a "Wind Swipe" effect when the character attacks but when a certain bool condition is met, I'd like to change the particle effect. This must be possible but I'm not sure how I would go about doing it. How do I get a reference to the notify and would I be changing it inside the animbp or the character bp?
asked Oct 26 '17 at 08:43 PM in Using UE4
Hi! I've found your question unmarked while I was documenting about Trails, I know is a little old post but I guess people who are looking for runtime changing trails will land here in the future so... You can have dynamics trails NOT using the trail notify in animations, you can use normal notify to call events who activate different trails if you really miss it. I set up this while testing and it works:
I don't use animnotify since in a test project I didn't set up any animation but but the logic is the same, let's sum up!
1) Create your trail particle using cascade (youtube is full of tutorials for this)
2) Set up the starting and ending socket for your trail in the mesh (both skeletal and static would work)
3) In the actor who contains the item you want the trail is attached create a new particle system component
4) PARENT the particle to your mesh (it is of primary importance)
5) Depending how your game works, set up an event who set the particle template and Begin Trails
Have a nice day :)
EDIT: It also works with RamaMeleeWeapon component (from his mkp plugin)! Not so important to specify but that guy is a saint :)
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here