Keep loosing(?) playercontroller
I currently have C++ code for playercontoller that a playercontroller blueprint derives from. It's setup in gamemode to be default.
Since converting project to 4.18 I have random instances where after I compile my code from what it seems the playercontroller is reverting or not loading. I know this because there should be stuff printed onscreen in the beginplay() area. It works for so long and then I hit PIE and none of the code in the playercontroller runs making me think it's using another playercontroller.
Closing and re-opening the editor makes it work again usually, however now I'm stuck in some loop. When I close/re-open it runs but not on the current compiled code (has error). If I compile the code and run again I seem to loose the playercontroller and none of the code runs. Then close/re-open editor and playercontroller code runs but not the most recently compiled so has error.
Been trying to fix this error in my code but I can't get new compiles to take.
asked Oct 27 '17 at 01:12 AM in Bug Reports
After your latest comments, I found that
answered Nov 03 '17 at 04:21 PM
I have fixed the problem of blueprint properties resetting. I deleted all generated files and rebuilt my project from scratch. Everything has been working flawlessly for the last couple days. Specifically, I deleted
.vs Binaries Intermediate Saved *.sln
Then right-click the .uproject and select "Generate Visual Studio project files". Then open the project and recompile and redo lighting. When first opening Visual Studio, it will also rebuild its own database stuff. After it's all done, things just worked for me. Yay!
I'm using the latest Unreal editor (as of this writing), version 4.21.2.
answered Feb 09 '19 at 05:23 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here