x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Strange render issue with converted blueprint (4.2.1 -> 4.3.1)

Hi,

I migrated a character blueprint using a modular approach from 4.2.1 to the new 4.3.1. I use the github version, compiled from source and did so with 4.2.1 My current version in the about dialog says 4.3.1-0+UE4

Anyway, my character consists of three skeletal meshes. Body, Pants, Shirt. Put together in a blueprint, set aniumation, worked fine in 4.2. Opened/Converted the project with 4.3 caused a corruption(?): the cloths render ok when near, but disappear when far away. I have rebuilt the blueprint from scratch in 4.3 and it renders fine, no matter the distance. I have compared all settings of the meshes, the blueprint, the animation,... I can't find any obvious difference. The render issue persists in Editor mode and even in a packaged project. I've tried rebuilding everything. See attached screenshots. What causes the error?

Thanks, Ben

alt text

Product Version: Not Selected
Tags:
migrationerror.jpg (471.0 kB)
more ▼

asked Jul 21 '14 at 03:26 PM in Rendering

avatar image

Ben_Cykyria
337 22 29 40

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Never mind. In 4.2 blueprint the "Enable Update Rate Optimizations" option for the body mesh was checked. I unchecked it, renders fine again. I missed it being different from the new blueprint, and I swear I looked over the properties like 10 times... :( no idea how it got enabled though. Anyway, this issue is resolved!

more ▼

answered Jul 21 '14 at 03:39 PM

avatar image

Ben_Cykyria
337 22 29 40

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question