x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Bug? TextRender not updating after SetText

I see there have been several others that have run into related issues with this. I am updating (trying to, at least) the text of a TextRender component in a blueprint on an event. Event fires and calls the SetText, but the text of the TextRender component does not update. Perhaps related to this (wow, pretty old issue): https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-21286

Anyone have any insight into how to fix this? I'm changing it at runtime, so renaming it or duplicating it or any other hack isn't very ideal.

Product Version: UE 4.18
Tags:
more ▼

asked Dec 23 '17 at 03:36 PM in Blueprint Scripting

avatar image

Derjyn
65 1 7 6

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left

1 answer: sort voted first

Just gave it a quick test and it seems to be working fine straight out of the box. Is there anything special about your setup? Would you mind posting a screenshot of how you implemented it?

Never encountered anything strange with TextRender > SetText before. I'd lean towards believing there's something not right about firing that event rather than the text render itself.

more ▼

answered Dec 23 '17 at 06:31 PM

avatar image

Everynone
12.2k 71 24 49

avatar image Derjyn Dec 23 '17 at 07:17 PM

The event fires fine- that wasn't the issue. But, I apparently did have something weird with my set up. I don't have a backup of my previous version, and I've since fixed it. However, I do remember that I had set it up an with int that was being converted to text on the event firing.

My new set up, I am pulling off a string, then going to text, and it seems to be working fine. I just did a test going from an int to text, firing off the SetText, and it works fine. 'Tis a mystery now, but I agree that I likely did something dorky on my end!

[edit] Actually, just figured out what I did wrong. That variable that I was converting to text, was being set AFTER the event I was broadcasting was fired, so it only seemed like the text wasn't updated. I changed the order of variables being set and event being broadcast, and it works perfectly. Just me being a dork!

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question