Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

C++ derived Blueprint doesn't see recent function changes

So I made a c++ class (AActor's child with SkeletalMesh component and simple collision), and it worked fine. I made a bunch of BlueprintCallable functions and they worked fine for the time being. But today two of them were "warning-red", with editor telling me that in use (input) pins don't exist on nodes (and one of the two problematic functions could not be found at all).

Now, one of the functions is still accessible, through the version, that was before some the changes were made to it in c++ file (the most visible one - input parameters names'). So I assume that editor somehow is trying to access outdated version of the class? Is that a thing?

Renaming both functions in c++ and compiling makes them visible and proper up until the next editor relaunch. After that - same stuff.

The only big change I can think of is adding a Damage related Dynamic Multicast Delegate to my Character subclass and overriding TakeDamage() function. CustomCharacter.h is included in the .cpp file of the class that is a parent of buggy blueprints.

Any insights on what might be causing the problem and how to solve it?

Update: the whole project seem to behave that way. Adding new function causes it to be invisible to the editor after restart.

Product Version: UE 4.19
more ▼

asked May 18 '18 at 10:04 PM in C++ Programming

avatar image

1 1 6

avatar image Dreadmatch May 19 '18 at 08:24 AM

Recompiling c++ code from the editor seemed to fix the problem. Seemed. Any further builds from Visual Studio lose their power after restarting the editor. A Hot Reload problem then? I'm kinda at loss here.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

Okay, that was a very insightfull talk with myself. Turns out i forgot to change VS solution mode from Debug back to Development. The version that was used by the editor after relaunching it was exactly when i started dubugging the class in qurstion.

more ▼

answered May 19 '18 at 08:35 AM

avatar image

1 1 6

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question