x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Office Holiday

Epic Games' offices will be on holiday from June 22nd to July 7th. During this period support will be limited. Our offices will reopen on Monday, July 8th. 

Build Failed rungradle.bat :app:assembleDebug

Hi

My Unreal project was packaging correctly, but now it isn't (Android).

So far I have tried removing the Intermediate folder, updating the Android support library, enabling/disabling gradle, changing SDK/NDK to 'latest'. But I still encounter the same error (see below).

I have also noticed a 500mb G: drive has appeared. I mention this in case it is related. I believe the packaging process creates a map to this drive - but I have been unable to remove it.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance Michael

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:compileDebugNdk UP-TO-DATE UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:compileDebugSources UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:mergeDebugShaders UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:compileDebugShaders UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:generateDebugAssets UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:mergeDebugAssets UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:transformClassesWithDexForDebug UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:mergeDebugJniLibFolders UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:transformNative_libsWithMergeJniLibsForDebug UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:processDebugJavaRes UP-TO-DATE UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:transformResourcesWithMergeJavaResForDebug UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:validateSigningDebug UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): :app:packageDebug FAILED UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): * What went wrong: UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): Execution failed for task ':app:packageDebug'. UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): > Java heap space UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): * Try: UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): BUILD FAILED UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): Total time: 48.349 secs UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "F:\Unreal Projects\CephalaMobile\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): (see C:\Users\themi\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\F+Epic+Games+UE_4.19\UAT_Log.txt for full exception trace) PackagingResults: Error: cmd.exe failed with args /c "F:\Unreal Projects\CephalaMobile\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown) UATHelper: Packaging (Android (Multi:ASTC,PVRTC,DXT,ATC,ETC2,ETC1)): BUILD FAILED PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

Product Version: UE 4.19
Tags:
more ▼

asked May 22 '18 at 09:59 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

TheLastOneOut
41 4 5 8

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first

To fix this problem I added a Lightmass Importance Volume to my levels and re-built the lighting.

Without changing anything else my build now works correctly, without errors.

more ▼

answered May 22 '18 at 12:30 PM

avatar image

TheLastOneOut
41 4 5 8

avatar image silverfish1000 2 days ago

LoL...I wish that war true.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question