BP functions with enum-type input argument named 'Category' is erroneously assigned to category 'New Enumerator n'
Fun one I just found.
Steps to reproduce:
In the 'My Blueprint' tab, the new function will now appear under a category header named 'New Enumerator 0'. In the 'Details' panel however, it's still listed as Category 'Default'. If you do this in a project that already has a bunch of BP Enumerations, the "bad" category will have some higher number rather than 0. At any rate, any attempts to move the function to a proper category will be shot down as soon as you compile the BP again, at which point the "bad" category pops up again.
The only apparent way to resolve this is either to rename the input argument to something else, or to change its type to something that is not an enumeration.
Oh, I just noticed... While keeping the argument name as 'Category', setting the type to the built-in 'RenderToTextureEnum' produces 'New Enumerator 10' instead. Aaaand with a more core-type enum like 'EDraw Debug Trace' we get a ghost category simply called 'None'. It's a bit of a secretive guy, that.
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here