Updated from 4.18.2 to 4.19.2 and localization no longer works.
If I test standlone with -Culture=fr for example, that would boot the game in French, now I see this:
LogInit: Overriding locale with culture command-line option (fr).
LogTextLocalizationManager: No localization for 'fr' exists, so 'en' will be used for the language.
And looking at the code in EndInitTextLocalization() the array AvailableCultures appears to be empty.
I've checked the LocalizationDashboard and everything looks OK. I re-compiled all the languages and double checked them and I can't see anything wrong.
When I upgraded the engine to 4.19.2, the Korean serialization of the project went wrong.Standalone game runs well with all the translations,But after packaging, the Korean translation is lost and all text is empty.I'm in a new space Project test and the Korean translation is still wrong,String scrambling. I fount that "Added an improved Korean font to the editor." as the engine released notes.but I do not know What's the cause of the wrong.
answered Jul 20 '18 at 09:54 AM
OK so I think I found it, apparently I need:
In a game.ini. When I didn't have that it defaulted the localization target name to 'Game' - which is set in the engine/config/basegame.ini but that's not what mine was called.
Not sure how it worked before but adding that config entry fixed it after recompiling the text. Trouble is I've messed up all my translations in trying to work this out.
answered Jul 16 '18 at 07:39 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here