Bad name index -1/64...ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)
I am using blueprints on 4.20.1
Unfortunately I cannot cook / package my game due to this bad name index error. I've gathered that this indicates the presence of a corrupted asset but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is. I've resorted to deleting portions of my project, migrating it, etc to no avail. The cook log doesn't seem to provide anything useful, and I cannot find any way to enable verbose logging or something similar.
This is my last hope before I begin to recreate the project, blueprint by blueprint.
Please see the log attached and let me know if any further information would help, or anything I can do to narrow down the offending asset.
Relevant log lines:
asked Aug 01 '18 at 11:37 PM in Packaging & Deployment
I've had the same issue and ran through hell in order to resolve it. None of the stuff I googled out helped it.
Easier solution (If you use git): Checkout to some of the previous commits, and see if error appears. I was able to see the error at the startup of my project (did not have to build and wait for it to crash). Just check output log. When you find commit that is causing the issue, just open and re-save the files that were added/edited in that commit. I found out file blinn3 that was material file was causing the issue. After I just opened the file, clicked save, and closed it, that resolved my issue.
Harder solution: Open all files one by one and try clicking on save button. Start with material files, as it helped me resolve the issue. But I'm not sure if this issue is only connected to material files. That was the case on my end. Just look at the logs at project startup and check if it has errors.
For anyone seeing this after the fact, in addition to trying Bojan Novakovic's steps, I personally resolved the issue by migrating the files one by one, until I eventually noticed a mention of an animation montage which had been deleted some time ago. After migrating only the files which did not reference this deleted anim montage, I manually copypasted those BPs over to the new project. This solved the issue.
answered Aug 20 '18 at 12:04 PM
Follow this question
Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here