x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Why does Korean localization does not work after packaging

Works perfectly fine when I launch my game from the Editor. But the moment I package it the translations gets entirely weird. It shows a same Korean character repeatedly instead of showing the actual thing. As if something went wrong while trying to load text.

My game was running on 4.19 and in desperation to fix the issue I migrated to 4.20 still it did not resolve.

I have tried all the suggestions on this forum and outside of this forum, nothing helped. The only thing I know that people are facing this problem since UE-4.19.2

Please help! This has become a huge show stopper for us and time is running out.

P.S. the links which I have tried and got no fruitful results. https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/174076/localization-not-working-in-packaged-build.html https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/809085/updated-from-4182-to-4192-and-localization-no-long.html https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/328522/localization-not-working-in-packaged-game.html

Product Version: UE 4.20
Tags:
more ▼

asked Aug 10 '18 at 09:13 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Amstad Digital
6 2 5

avatar image Josterd Nov 01 '18 at 12:16 PM

Hi Amstad Digital, we're experiencing the same issue - did you end up finding a solution that worked? Desperately trying to fix this as soon as possible.

Edit: Fixed with the help of the links you shared here. Thanks! Indeed because the default fallback font with Korean characters was removed, had to add a new font with these characters to the subfont families

avatar image WAII Jan 03 '19 at 02:50 PM

We have the same issue in 4.21. Korean works in the editor in play standalone. As soon as I switch to korean loca in a packaged build all non english letters change to symbols. one for chinees letters, on for korean letters and one for cyrillic letters.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

2 answers: sort voted first

So after much messing around we managed to figure out what is causing this:

In the file \Engine\Source\Runtime\SlateCore\Private\Fonts\LegacySlateFontInfoCache.cpp:223 There is the following:

 const FString FallbackFontPath = FPaths::EngineContentDir() / TEXT("Slate/Fonts/") / (NSLOCTEXT("Slate", "LegacyFallbackFont", "DroidSansFallback").ToString() + TEXT(".ttf"));

This is localised ONLY in Korean with the following:

 #. Key:    LegacyFallbackFont
 #. SourceLocation:    Source/Runtime/SlateCore/Private/Fonts/LegacySlateFontInfoCache.cpp:259
 #: Source/Runtime/SlateCore/Private/Fonts/LegacySlateFontInfoCache.cpp:259
 msgctxt "Slate,LegacyFallbackFont"
 msgid "DroidSansFallback"
 msgstr "../../Editor/Slate/Fonts/NanumGothic"

As it is attempting to load an Editor only font in a packaged build: It fails, and then shows the final fallback font characters.

So the actual solution is to either use a font which supports the various Hangul Jamo character sets or change that localisation string back to DroidSansFallback (as it actually supports the Hangul Jamo character sets)

This should probably be fixed by Epic correctly however.

Hopefully this helps someone. :)

NOTE: This is STILL an issue as of 4.22

more ▼

answered Jun 04 '19 at 02:40 AM

avatar image

FacePalm.exe
275 14 20 30

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

Same problem here. The final solution I found is, don't use the Korean localization culture setting, use any other instead. Korean culture setting just can't display Korean correctly, but others such as en, zh, jp... works fine. So try fill your Korean translation into any other culture localization you're not using.

more ▼

answered Nov 27 '18 at 07:42 AM

avatar image

ビエス
1

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question