x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

Office Holiday

Epic Games' offices will be on holiday from June 22nd to July 7th. During this period support will be limited. Our offices will reopen on Monday, July 8th. 

Android Packaging "Error: cmd.exe failed with args"

I'm having trouble packaging for Android. I get the same error every time. "PackagingResults: Error: cmd.exe failed with args /c "D:[PROJECT]\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\rungradle.bat" :app:assembleDebug"

This is a very frustrating error since I've packaged with all these settings before and even published my game to the Google Play Store, it just randomly stopped working. I'll attach the full packaging log. Packaging log

I get the same error while running with ant as well. I've also reinstalled the Android SDK stuff. I've even tried merging my project into a blank one then attempting a package to no avail.

Product Version: UE 4.19
Tags:
errorlog.txt (1.4 MB)
more ▼

asked Aug 20 '18 at 02:03 PM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Lelandz
1 1 1 2

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

3 answers: sort voted first

I have the same error, but I've found a temporary workaround --> executing gradle from command line

  1. Start cmd.exe manually

  2. > Cd "D:[PROJECT]\Intermediate/Android/APK\gradle\"

  3. > rungradle.bat :app:assembleDebug

This created the .apk file in the folder [PROJECT]\Binaries\Android

This step however doesn't generate the installation file, so I've used the project settings to package the complete data into the .apk file.

more ▼

answered Nov 11 '18 at 05:26 PM

avatar image

Michal Ambros
1 1

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

Ok, the problem was in my JDK path in project settings. I used the JDK installed in "Program Files" folder, but after I changed the path to "E:/NVPACK/jdk1.8.0_77" it works fine. The problem was probably in the spaces in the path, try to use the paths without spaces.

more ▼

answered Nov 12 '18 at 08:55 PM

avatar image

Michal Ambros
1 1

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

I had a similar problem.

Solved by reinstalling the Android Studio, and doing all the required updates.

Best

more ▼

answered Feb 12 '19 at 01:37 PM

avatar image

skywalker2049
1

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question