x

Search in
Sort by:

Question Status:

Search help

  • Simple searches use one or more words. Separate the words with spaces (cat dog) to search cat,dog or both. Separate the words with plus signs (cat +dog) to search for items that may contain cat but must contain dog.
  • You can further refine your search on the search results page, where you can search by keywords, author, topic. These can be combined with each other. Examples
    • cat dog --matches anything with cat,dog or both
    • cat +dog --searches for cat +dog where dog is a mandatory term
    • cat -dog -- searches for cat excluding any result containing dog
    • [cats] —will restrict your search to results with topic named "cats"
    • [cats] [dogs] —will restrict your search to results with both topics, "cats", and "dogs"

[Packaging] Can someone help explain this error message?

I receive this exception every time I try to package my project. I don't know what the error is pointing towards.

Log: https://pastebin.com/MdX8T6Se

My project is blueprint and c++ and I am using Apex Destruction and the Sound Visualizations Plugin.

The errors I can see are fairly ambiguous and don't result with much when searched up. I was just wondering if the log file had any indication of where my error lies.

Thanks

Product Version: UE 4.20
Tags:
more ▼

asked Oct 09 '18 at 01:57 AM in Packaging & Deployment

avatar image

Danny88881
35 1 6

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users

1 answer: sort voted first
more ▼

answered Oct 09 '18 at 10:32 AM

avatar image

ZDron3
66 3 6 7

avatar image Danny88881 Oct 09 '18 at 09:11 PM

Thank you for pointing me to those pages.

It was the second comment on the first link that helped me solve my issue.

I ran into something like this. It happened when I used one project as a basis for another and renamed things. In my case, I accidentally omitted the dot in "Source/[ProjectName].Target.cs" between the name of my project and "Target". Very hard to know what was wrong from the error, but afterwards it compiled like normal. I suspect its something similar - something in one of the build files.

It was tricky to see in my case, since there are two files: "Source/[ProjectName].Target.cs" and "Source/[ProjectName]Editor.Target.cs". Since the editor one was fine, I didn't run into this problem until packaging. In my case this was all on Windows, so not necessarily related to the platform I think.

(comments are locked)
10|2000 characters needed characters left
Viewable by all users
Your answer
toggle preview:

Up to 5 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 5.2 MB each and 5.2 MB total.

Follow this question

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

Answers to this question